Though an orthodontist, like Dr. Cauble, can enhance a smile at any age, there is an optimal time period to begin orthodontic treatment. Beginning orthodontic treatment at this time ensures the greatest result and the least amount of time and expense. The initial orthodontic evaluation should occur at the first sign of orthodontic problems or at age 10. At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but vigilant examination can anticipate the most advantageous time to begin treatment.
Early evaluation provides both timely detection of problems and greater opportunity for more effective treatment by Dr. Cauble. Prudent intervention guides growth and development, preventing serious problems later. When orthodontic intervention is not necessary, an orthodontist can carefully monitor growth and development and begin treatment when it is ideal.
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing treatment time with braces